"Who says money doesn't grow on trees?" Hempfest 2010

This weekend was GREAT! One of my good friends from high school came up to Seattle to visit, so not only did I have three nights off of work, but I was able to get more than two miles away from the house and do some adventuring! Friday night we went out with some of my friends up here in the U-District, and last night we went out to some of my favorite spots on Eastlake, the Eastlake Zoo and the Mars Bar.

Saturday was the best. We hit up Hempfest down at the Olympic Sculpture Park/Myrtle Edwards Park/Elliot Bay Park right along the water. Holy crap, how amazing. Literally tens of thousands of people from all walks of life, all in one place and loving life. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time walking around (the event spanned all three parks, it was a LONG walk) and people watching. We even got in on Rick Steves (the travel guy) giving a speech in support of the festivities. Sweet. :) By the time we left in the late afternoon, the line to get into the festival was 3+ hours long! I wouldn't be surprised if they had record-breaking attendance this year, and it's going on again today, too. Great times. :)

Well anyway, now it's back to reality. No class, but lots of work this week. I just have to focus on getting to next Tuesday, then I can move into the house and the senior year awesomeness will begin!

Comments