Give this girl a broken bike...

... and she'll only make it worse! Never ask me to fix your bike, because disaster will ensue. Best part of my day today (literally, I laughed quite a bit):

Over the weekend, one of the wires on my bike (I thought it was the front break wire. Side note: the front breaks are already busted, so I don't care about their well being) got caught in the gears, and the pedals wouldn't go forward more than 1/4 of a rotation before I had to back-pedal and push forward 1/4 of the way, back-pedal, etc. I figured, hey, it's an old bike, I can just cut the wire, untangle the wire from the gears, and forget about fixing the front breaks, and the problem will be solved, right? Not quite right. I cut the wire this afternoon (with scissors, I don't have actual wire cutters), and it turns out it was the GEAR SHIFT WIRE, not the front break wire. So, while you can again pedal the bike all around the world, it's now stuck in 10th gear... This all has perfect karmic timing, however, because I was planning on buying a new bike this coming weekend anyway. What a time for me to ruin the old one! Anyway, I got quite a kick out of my less-than-primitive bike maintenance skills.

Mmmmm, nothing like washing down your evening multi-vitamin with a glass of Two-Buck Chuck! Yikes. Dinner at 9pm. I did have a great day today, though, what with yoga and lunch with a friend and finally talking to Kris again on the phone (all the way from the Arctic Ocean!).

I missed Nantes A LOT today... For some reason, I was just thinking about my time in France quite a bit today (probably because it's almost a year since I went over there- yikes!). Oh, how I miss it. Two years until I go back, two years until I go back...

Comments