We're closing in on the end of summer...

I am STOKED because 1) I get to go home for the weekend, and 2) this sweet baby is going to be sitting in a box on my bed waiting for me. AMAZING.

Other updates!
MOVE-IN DAY IS IN 4 DAYS! Part of my adventure at home this weekend will be buying more goods for the house and arranging the delivery of my bed and furniture next weekend. I am getting into major "nesting mode", that's for sure.

This week, my folks solidified plans to visit here while we're in China!! I am beyond ecstatic. I don't want to gush too much because you never know how closely those people are scrutinizing the people coming into their country (haha), but we got very lucky and I think I could not travel anywhere again for a long time and still be totally happy. I can't believe this trip is really going to happen.

On the flip side, complications have arisen with regard to how many credits I'm going to take in the fall and my being able to work for the UW. Boo! Where there's a will, there's a way, though, and this girl is pretty driven to make all of this work. I was thinking an independent study of the French Concession of Shanghai might be an interesting thing to pursue...

Comments