Vancouver Stay-cation

I've been having an excellent week being lazy here in Vancouver! I literally forgot all about work; I was supposed to be keeping up with emails for the Campus Visit Program this whole week, but I *just* remembered this morning! So, I recently finished wading through all that chaos. Nice. Hey, at least I remembered eventually.

Hmmmm... highlights: Lydia, Eric, my dad, and I went for a hike last Saturday at Horsetail Falls off of Hwy 84 East. It was gorgeous, and a great trek! The weather has been beautiful (and freaking hot!) all week, I'm absolutely loving it after so much rain. I've been baking in the sun in the back yard for about 30 minutes for the past couple of days. One of the best feelings in the world is to have the sun warming your skin. Gotta love that Vitamin D!

The Fourth of July was a great time. The fam caught up with my aunt Barb and cousin Jessica and her hubby Matt. We watched the crazy fireworks going on in Portland and at Fort Vancouver from Barb's back veranda. Man, Vancouver people sure go hog-wild for fireworks, it's quite amusing. My dad and I got to go on a biplane ride, too! That was so much fun. It was a beautiful sunset and the views were incredible!! I'm glad we decided to go for it.

Besides those two big days, I've been taking lots of naps, catching up with friends, and reading The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown's latest book (leisure reading book #6 for me so far this summer!). I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but it's not my favorite of his books. Ummmm... I've been cooking a decent amount, which I love. I made dinner for the fam, breakfast for the 'rents and myself, and I'm making everyone dinner again tonight. I've also been trying to take photos, but Saturday and Sunday were basically the only days I've documented, haha. Better than no photos at all! :) Anyway, today and tomorrow will be pretty relaxed, and then I head back to Seattle on Saturday!

A few pictures for your viewing pleasure:





Comments