"Le plus je connais les hommes, le plus j'aime mon chien."

The title is a quote from my French host Andre. In English, "The more I know people, the more I love my dog." I thought of that quote randomly this morning, and I still think it's great and so true. Hence, the blog title.

Last night, I went to this restaurant/bar/karaoke joint in Greenlake called the Little Red Hen with a couple of friends. I seriously felt like I was back in Texas and was right at home! Haha. Country music karaoke, total dance hall atmosphere, typical blue-collar cowboy types with their hunting camouflage baseball hats and a beer in hand while singing. It was hilarious and lots of fun.

OH- My first Yoga class was on Tuesday night! It was awesome!! I woke up yesterday with a rather sore back from all that fantastic deep stretching. I think this class will be just what I need. The instructor is super chill and looks like a scrawny Christian Bale (always a plus) and the class is so relaxed. Definitely going to be a good stress reliever and great new hobby! Looking forward to another class this evening.

Well, I'll be heading down to Vancouver tomorrow after work and hanging out with the family for the 4th of July and through the next week. I'm looking forward to a break from work and plenty of down time. I really need to remember to take lots of pictures, though! I've been noticing an extreme lack in photo adventuring lately that needs to be remedied quickly.

From one of my all-time favorite songs, "0% Interest" by Jason Mraz:
"You left your thumbprint inside me now, for months it seems, but mine only brushes your soft surface, and somehow, somehow, it leaves me listless..."

Comments