Third job's the charm?

I got a third job last week... One of my friends works at a pizza place across from Greenlake and he told me they needed a cashier girl for a few evenings a week, and I thought, "Meh, why not try?" So last Friday, I gave the manager my resume and he gave me a run-down of the place right there and said, "Okay, we'll see you Saturday night!" Whoa, another job! Yay/boo.

It's probably a good thing Kris is in Alaska and keeping so busy and will be on a boat for 6-8 weeks because starting tomorrow, I'll basically have no life until at least September. But man oh man, do I need the money. Credit card debt from France is still lingering and fall will be full of traveling. Damn money. We should all go back to trading rice for sheep and crap like that for subsistence.

In addition to that, the summer class I'm taking started yesterday and will go for the next four weeks. It's strange to be reading for class again, but at least it's only one class and not three! I'm also doing a lot of work trying to find a fourth roommate for the house this fall, which is tough since the other two housemates and I are literally all over the place this summer and we have a hard time getting all together to make plans and meet with people. My sis and bro-in-law are coming to town this weekend and my parents are coming up to visit the weekend after that, so I am definitely staying more than busy. That's okay, though! Time will fly and I'll be living in that cute little house and starting school in the fall before I know it.

I'm still reading a lot, but I have a feeling it'll slow down a bit while I have class. Currently, I'm in the middle of The Story of B by Daniel Quinn, which is the 'sequel' to Ishmael. Both are very, very good. On my list of things to pick up at the library are Pandora's Seed and In Defense of Food.

I feel like the kinds of things I've been reading and learning this spring and summer are pushing me on a new path in life, and it's interested to observe myself changing and re-prioritizing bit by bit. I've recently been labeled as a 'hippie' by a few people! I don't really think the term is very appropriate, but at the same time, I'm kind of okay with it as long as you're using it under the following definition:
"A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society, especially one who advocates liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles."
You can realize that society is not in a good way and want to change it on a personal level without all these long-haired, shabbily dressed, beatnik, commune stereotypes, and that's what I feel about it.

"Pursuing an evolutionarily unstable strategy doesn't eliminate you instantly, it eliminates you eventually."

Comments