The Nantes Symphony!!

Another fantastic day!! This whole week has been really busy for me with homework and other things to take care of, and tonight was a much needed change of pace and time to relax (and I received a wonderful package from Kris today, which made my day even better!!). My friends Hannah, Jessica, Iain, Iain's friend Bianca, and I met up downtown in Bouffay and went to dinner at a creperie, where I had a DELICIOUS gallette filled with cheese, sausage, mushrooms, and onions. OH, it hit the spot. The first picture is from the restaurant. The waiter offered to take our picture, but he didn't know how to work my schwanky SLR camera, and I was trying to tell him to use the viewfinder, but I didn't know the word in French (I looked it up when I got back- it's viseur), so I told him, "Regarde avec les yeux!" (look with your eyes!), and he said, "What else would I look with?" and laughed. OH MAN. It was hilariously embarrassing. But mostly hilarious. At least I blurted something out in French without having to think about it! I'm slowing making improvements. :)

















After dinner, we walked past the Chateau downtown and over to the Cite des Congres, where we went to see the Nantes Symphony preform some Mozart and Hayden!! OH my goodness, it was brilliant!! Such a lovely concert; everyone had a great time and we all want to go back again for sure. It's only 3euros for students if you get there an hour early! How could I NOT go for that price?? They really treat students (or those under 25) well over here, I love it. Anyway, it was just the kind of beautiful and relaxing thing I had been needing and I can't wait to go again!
I can't believe I've been here for four weeks already! I love everything about being over here, I wish I had time to recount all of the stories and detail the fantastic nuances of everyday. It'll just have to suffice to say that this is an incredible, life-changing experience in every good and wonderful way.

Comments