Les journées du patrimoine

I had such a wonderful day today!! I spent the day exploring by myself and I got a lot of fun things done. First, I went to the Talensac market downtown and bought a bottle of Cabernet Franc, an avacado, some nectarines, some cherry tomatoes, and flowers! After I dropped all that back off at my room, I went back downtown... This weekend was what the French call "Les journées du patrimoine", where all the museums, galleries, and places of cultural interest in general are open and free to the public. I found out about it in my Society and Economy class and decided to take advantage of it.

I first went to the Planetarium and got to sit in on a narrated tour of the solar system and Milky Way Galaxy, in French, bien sûr! It was awesome because along with loving French, the astronomy classes I've taken at UW have been my all-time favorites, so it was perfect to see planets and constellations and stars and hear about them all in French! :) After that, I went through the Musée de Jules Verne very near the Planetarium and checked that out briefly. I found another cool church and a couple of sweet statues over looking the Loire near where I was, then I headed back downtown to Commerce and went to see the movie "Julie & Julia", which was dubbed over in French. I loved it! It was a cute flick.

For dinner, I had two glasses of my Cabernet and made a huge potfull of vegetable soup! Oh gosh, it's delicious. The best part is, I have enough leftovers to feed me for lunch or dinner for two or three days. :) I love cooking for myself! I've come up with a couple of tasty recipes so far, and I'm looking forward to scrounging up some more.

Off to do some homework before bed. Laundry day tomorrow, only one class, and then Skyping Kris tomorrow night!! :) :)

Comments