Ahhhh, the foodstuffs of France!


My favorite part of every weekend is going to the Talensac market on Sunday mornings and buying all sorts of fresh fruits and vegetables and meats. Today, I bought potatoes, cherry tomatoes, an avacado, nectarines, a mango, and some fresh salmon. I had the mango for lunch, and it was easily one of the best I've ever had in my life. For dinner, I sauteed the salmon in butter and lemon juice and had it over white rice. It was SO tasty!! I must say, I'm feeling pretty confident with my cooking abilities over here. It's great to have so many fresh ingredients to work and experiement with.


The UW group went to Saint-Malo and le Mont Saint Michel yesterday and they were both just gorgeous! It was the perfect day; in the 70s and sunny with hardly a cloud in the sky. We couldn't have gone on a better day. Just yesterday, I took over 350 pictures! It was so much fun to just hop onto a giant tour bus and head out of town for the day, and have breakfast and lunch paid for. Thanks, UW!!! :) Thanks to grants and other funding, the whole day was paid for as part of our experience over here. And we have two other excursions before the semester is over! I'm having such a great time. Every day is a new adventure and a new experience, and I love every moment.

Comments