Plug and Chug

I'm in the midst of a middle-of-the-quarter funk, it seems. All the rain probably doesn't help, though. Things are just kind of trucking along as usual... I did, however, receive a 3.9 on both the mid-term and the first essay for my French class! Wahoo! That was great news.

I'm still struggling with finding the motivation to write the essay for my independent study credit... I'm sloooooowly doing research and setting up the paper, but I haven't started writing! I need to get that thing basically done by the time Kris gets back to Seattle in two weeks because I know I won't be getting anything done for school while he's in town! It's only two to three pages in French. I can do this!

I'm 22 in less than a week! Woo!! The roomies and I are going out to dinner tomorrow night for an early celebration, and then we're having a birthday party chez nous this weekend. :) I also decided to treat myself by buying a couple of fun birthday/Christmas presents. I snagged a pretty crochet'd hat from this wonderful organization, ordered a DVD of hilarious French comedian Gad Elmaleh, AND I finally bought a freaking sleeping bag (and at a *great* price, too)! I haven't had a sleeping bag since I was a little kid and figured it was about time to grow up and have one of my own for life's various and sundry outdoor adventures. So anyway, I'm pretty excited about all that jazz.

Life is good! I'll be home in the 'Couve for my birthday and most of Thanksgiving week. I'm looking forward to seeing my family and hopefully driving out to Mt. Hood to ski, if the weather systems cooperate and dump a bunch of snow on the mountains. Either way, a week off of school/work is always much appreciated.

Comments