Holy crap, it's November!! Where did this year go? I feel like I ask that every year, but still. By the time you get to October/November/December, everything is in such a fast-paced flurry, it's hard to distinguish the days.

Three weeks and six days until Kris comes back to Seattle! Oh man, I'm excited. We actually made a solid plan for Christmas break, too (it's a miracle!!)! We'll be going on a road trip with his brother from Seattle to Arizona, where their mom and some extended family live. It's gonna be great! We'll drive straight there (24 hours!) in the middle of December and then I'll fly back to Portland on the 22nd to spend the official holidays with my family. I've never been to Arizona before! I'm looking forward to exploring and being someplace slightly warmer for a bit this winter. :)

I just finished a very interesting book, Pandora's Seed: The Unforeseen Cost of Civilization; it's the scientific echo to the theories discussed in The Story of B, which I read this summer. Very interesting to read the "proof in the pudding", so to speak. Now I'm reading another wonderful book, Reading Lolita in Tehran. It's haunting and depressing but wonderfully hopeful and inspiring at the same time. A very odd combination. It's atrocious to read about the Iranian revolution and all the horrors that resulted, but it's lovely to read about this woman's determination and extreme love of literature and how it carried her and many others through those dark times. If you love or are familiar with classic literature, I definitely recommend it; I think it helps you appreciate the book more.

Anyway, you know me; always running around with a book in hand and something to say about it.

P.S.- I'm LOVING this wonderful fall weather we've been having! It was 72ยบ in Seattle yesterday! It won't last much longer, but I took advantage of it yesterday with lots of walking and reading outside and I'll enjoy it via a run this afternoon. This has been a much-needed break from the rain, that's for sure.

Comments