Northern Wind

Christmas is in one week... How ridiculous! But, it is an exciting time of year. My sister and brother-in-law just moved into their very first house, Kris is currently driving through Canada on his way back to hibernate in Seattle for a few months (!!), and I'll be spending several days at home with my family for the holiday. It's amazing how quickly the year goes by in general, but once November hits, the last two months seem to go by at ludicrous speed with everything that goes on!

My roomies and I hosted a very successful holiday potluck with four other friends this past week. People brought tapas and holiday drinks and we had a great time. There was also a rather hilarious game night last night with fierce competition over the game "Mille Bournes". It was awesome, haha.

Other than that, work is going well and life is good! I'm getting into some excellent nitty-gritty at work that I've been looking forward to and I'm still/always daydreaming about France and European adventures in 2012.

I'm currently re-reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez' One Hundred Years of Solitude. If you haven't read it, I absolutely recommend it!! Of course Marquez is classic and a fantastic Magical Realist and Columbian writer, but this book is the best of the ones of his that I've read. Check it out if you're looking for an engrossing and mind-bending book for the winter months. :)

Comments