"What time is it? It's Valentime's!"

Kris and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day last night, since we're both leaving town for the long weekend and won't be together on the actual day. So, I went over to his house in my fancy black silk shirt and gave him a cute card that I had picked up in France because I thought it would be the perfect V-Day card (planning ahead, as usual) and Kris came home from work with a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers and some delicious chocolate.

But that's not the best part. The best part happened when we were cooking dinner. I had picked out a few recipes from my French cook book for us to try, and putting everything together went great. Kris and I both like cooking, and I think we make a good team in the kitchen. I'm the frantic multi-tasking one and he's the calm, cool, & collected one, haha. Anyway, the salad was made, the casserole was in the oven, and dessert was being put together. After checking on it three or four times, we finally decided that the egg in the casserole had been cooked enough and it was time to take it out of the oven. So, Kris pulls down the oven door and yanks out the oven rack, and the casserole dish goes tumbling off the rack, onto the oven door, and then it flips over and lands on the floor. N i c e.

Kris lets out a super-loud curse, I squeal, and his housemates come running to the kitchen to see the disaster. Kris, being the man that he is, grabs a spatula and says, "This represents thirty bucks worth of organic vegetables and stuff; I'm still going to eat it", and proceeds to shovel the destroyed casserole back into the dish and sticks it back in the oven "to kill the bacteria". As much as I felt like crying for about 90 seconds, we all laughed REALLY hard. It was quite awesome.

In the end, all of the food was fantastic and we had a great night. Seriously, the salad we made was ridiculously good and the casserole was really flavorful and delicious. What a man Kris is. He just went right to work and was laughing and making the best of things; I adore that about him.

Since it's a long weekend, I'm headed home to the 'Couve for a quick trip to catch up with the fam. Hopefully, I'll be going skiing with Lydia, Eric, and my dad, but we'll see what the weather looks like. It should be a fun weekend either way. :)

Comments