Spring Fever in February

The weather has been absolutely beautiful around here! Things perked up quite a bit on Thursday and the weekend was completely gorgeous, even genuinely warm. Despite my homework load, I got out and enjoyed the weather and had a chance to do lots of fun things.

On Friday night, Kris and I met up with his brother and sister-in-law and had a delicious dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant on Capitol Hill. Saturday included a photo adventure to Alki Beach to catch the sunset and some night shots of the Seattle skyline. Kris and I did that with my friend Andrew and a couple of other people, and everyone got great shots. We also all went out to dinner at the Porterhouse in West Seattle, and the food and beer were very tasty.

Sunday was wonderful. I slept in decently late, and then Kris and I trekked to the PCC by his house and picked up some breakfast fixings and some Caffe Vitta coffee (that stuff is the BEST). Kris laid out a blanket on the back porch of his place and we had our coffee, some orange juice, and home-made buckwheat pancakes with peanut butter and honey whilst sitting in the sunshine. It was so lovely. We played tennis with a couple of Kris' friends later in the afternoon, and then Kris dropped me off back and my place and I finally and begrudgingly did my homework (well, the immediate and important stuff, anyway). What a great weekend. I love spending time with Kris and we always find great things to do together.

Life is so beautiful. It's cliche and people say it a lot, but this weekend especially I had so many reminders of that and so many reasons to count my blessings and revel in everything that life has to offer, both in its tragedies and its triumphs. The feeling of the sun on my skin as I lounged on the porch with Kris, working on a crossword puzzle and eating breakfast, the luxury of lying in bed with the window open and nothing pressing to do, socializing with friends, feeling again the deep connection on familial love in the face of a terrible event. Everything is beautiful and can bring a sense of peace if only we chose to look for it.

Monday begins a new week, and I eagerly await its new experiences and adventures.
Carpe diem.



Comments