5 weeks and counting!

All continues to go well! As of today, I've been here for 5 weeks already. Wow, I can't believe that! It's been going by pretty quickly. Not fast enough that I feel it's passing me by, but it's definitely going by faster than I'd like it to! I absolutely love living here. I really hope life brings me back here for a year or two sometime in the future, but we'll see. :)

Not too much craziness to report; I'm still having a great time and enjoying every day. A couple other UW people and I were in the local Nantes newspaper at the end of September, which was super cool!! We've also all been invited to a party at the Mayor's office on the 19th of this month. I love being a sort of 'foreign diplomat'! They are so welcoming to foreign students, it's great! This is without a doubt the perfect time of life for me to be over here; still under the protection of the University umbrella, yet adult enough to have the opportunity to do and see some really awesome things that most people wouldn't get in on. I'm still trying to see if I can visit a middle school or high school here in Nantes, so hopefully that pans out soon!

Okay, class time! I have a 10- to 15-minute presentation to give on Friday morning, and I REALLY need to work on it... It has to be entirely in French, of course, but I also can't use any notes! Yikes!

Loving France and loving LIFE!!

P.S.- After 5 weeks, I finally braved crazy non-refridgerated French milk and bought my first liter! ... It's chocolate milk. :)

Comments