This is 25

This past weekend was my 25th birthday! I had a wonderful time celebrating across Colorado and Washington all weekend long. On Thursday, I went to Denver's Beaujolais Nouveau Wine Festival with a couple of Korbel classmates. We thoroughly enjoyed TONS of delicious, gourmet food, plenty of wine, and fun people watching. It was snowy and very cold outside, but it made for some great pictures of the downtown Denver!
I flew to Seattle on Friday morning to spend the weekend with Kris. I had beautiful views of snow-covered Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens during my flight. The photo below is why I LOVE to have window seats on planes.
 
On Friday night, Kris took me to Seattle's Beaujolais Nouveau Wine Festival as my birthday present, and we had fun celebrating in style on the top floors of Seattle's Columbia Tower (the tallest building in the skyline in the photo below). I even met Rick Steves, my European travel hero!!! It was so cool! That was the last thing I was expecting, but I walked by him randomly late in the evening and had to do a double-take because I couldn't believe it was him! Kris told me I should go talk to him, so I introduced myself, shook his hand, and chatted with him for a minute or so and told him I had been traveling with his guide books for years. He was really nice. I was so stoked to meet him! Best surprise birthday present ever. :)

Over the weekend, Kris and I adventured around Jefferson Park on Beacon Hill, went to Woodinville for more fabulous wine and beer tastings, walked around Greenlake with one of Kris' classmates, cooked delicious food (Kris made me a cake for my birthday!), and fulfilled my junk food craving by having Dick's famous burgers and fries. 
Enjoying the sunshine at Jefferson Park.
On the brewery tour at Red Hook.
Can you spot me with my wine glass in hand in the reflection of Kris' glasses?
Greenlake in winter
I'm now happily home in Vancouver with my family and am looking forward to six full weeks in Washington! It feels great to be back in the Pacific Northwest. I always loving coming home to this gorgeous state and spending time with Kris and with my family. Here's to more winter adventures!

Comments