Wrapping things up (or not, as it were)

This next week is the last week of my internship at the UW! Actually, it's not really... It IS my last week as an official 'intern', but I will be continuing on with Admissions in a part-time temporary position this summer! One of the other full-time counselors in the office is leaving for a new job, and my supervisors asked me to stick around through the summer to help bridge the gap until a new counselor is hired. Wahoo!! 20-25 hours a week is a-okay by me! I'll be continuing to do some of my 'intern' duties (and at the same pay rate- yessss), but I'll also be helping to manage the campus tour guides and a few other projects. It will be great to have a more relaxed schedule and to still be able to make some money until I leave Seattle for Europe! I'm really lucky that they asked me to stay on (I think they like me - whew!).

I'll also be taking a class this summer. Having successfully completed Microeconomics, it's time to take on Macroecon! Hopefully, Macro is the one I'm better at, because Micro was pretty boring and didn't make sense to my not-math-focused mind. We'll see... Either way, thanks to my job, it's only going to cost me $50. I love working for the state! They really do treat you right, benefits-wise.

Oh, and I'm moving across town in two weeks. Yikes! At least I don't have much furniture and I only have to keep enough crap in Seattle to last me for another two months (just clothes, basically). I'm really glad my parents are willing to drive up and help me haul the big stuff back down to their house!

As far as preparations for France go, I still can't do anything because I'm waiting to receive my official work contract... Supposedly, it takes 1-3 months (my paperwork got to their office at the beginning of May), but I'm really hoping I get the contract before mid-July so I can get my visa in time to join my family in the Czech Republic and Germany in September! It's kind of stressful to not be able to do anything but wait. I'm staying positive and hoping all will work out, though! I'll get to Europe eventually, and that's what ultimately counts. :-)

Finally, an awesome quote to live by: "Ceux qui s'éveillent sont le cauchemar de ceux qui dorment encore..." / "Those who awaken are the nightmare of those who still sleep..."

Comments