Goodbye, UW; Hello, UW!

I am officially no longer an intern with UW Admissions! My last week was really crazy; my co-intern and I were busy, busy, busy with training the new interns, and I also had to take care of some things for my position there this summer. On Friday, we had a little going away party in the office at the end of the work day, and then one of the other admissions counselors sponsored a barbecue at her house after work. Oh boy, we had a blast! It was hilarious to have all of the counselors together chatting and laughing and enjoying some wine and delicious brews.

My going away present from the office was a fabulous gift card to Metropolitan Market (my favorite grocery store), and I stopped by there today to gather some treats: Iberico cheese, white truffle oil, a beautiful Bordeaux, and a Spanish white wine. I'm enjoying the Bordeaux with Hungarian Goulash and Israeli Couscous tonight (DELISH!), and I have just enough left over on the gift card to purchase some juicy, delicious scallops for use with the Spanish white. My co-intern and I are *definitely* foodies, so they pegged us just right with our gifts!! What a great surprise.
This week is also moving week for my roommate and I... Our third roomie already left Washington for her new job in the midwest, so the other roomie and I have to haul butt and get everything out of our place by the end of the day on Saturday. Moving is always so stressful! Luckily, my parents are willing to drive up and help me haul my furniture back down to their place for storage until I get back from France, so that will make things much easier. Once that gets all finished up, I'll just be chilling in South Seattle for the rest of the summer!

Alright, I have to do some homework (yes, this quarter will actually require that I do some homework), and hopefully, I can also sell my bike tonight! I put it up on Craig's List and am finally getting some folks to look at it. I could use that extra money... :-)

Comments