Reflections on snow

Seattle got dumped on a few weeks ago! It was awesome. The UW closed down for three days (I still had to work from home - boo) and it was mostly impossible to surmount Seattle's hills (although many tried!). I hadn't seen that much snow in years and years; it was lovely. However, I definitely wanted it to go away after day three of being stuck in my neighborhood! Kris and I walked around Magnuson Park for a while each day and took some pictures, and then I went out for a late-night photo adventure and snapped a few more photos of "Snowpocalypse 2012"...

"Night light" photography in the snow!!



All geared up for the storm and exploring Lake Washington
After all that snow business, it was a pretty normal week of work, catching up with everything. Kris and I had another great weekend this past weekend. We met up with a couple of his friends for dinner near their house in Everett and then we visited an awesome new place on Capital Hill called "The Garage" with more of Kris' friends. It's a bar with a bowling alley, billiards, darts, etc. Wow, that place was lively! We had a great time and rounded out the night watching the final of the Australian Open between Nadal and Djokovic. I fell asleep about an hour into it (tennis isn't my thing), but everyone else stayed up until 5am to watch the match! Yikes.

Kris is in Alaska for work for about 10 days, so it'll be quiet around my place for the next little while. I bought a couple of GRE study books, so I need to get cracking on practicing. I'm also excited to start solidifying plans for my sister and my Hawai'i trip! I found out I'm getting an epic refund on my taxes this year, so she and I will be going all out while we're on the Big Island. :)

As of the beginning of February:
- 2 more months until I hear back about the Teaching Assistant Program!! 
- 2 1/2 months until the GRE (drat!)
- 3 months until Hawai'i!
- 5 months until the end of my internship with the UW (yikes!)!

Lots happening in 2012. If it's the end of the world, you gotta make it count! :)

Comments