Le Beaujolais nouveau est arrivé!!

Roomie K, Roomie A, Roomie K's friend, and I went to Seattle's Beaujolais nouveau wine festival this weekend! Holy cow, what a blast! It was a super-swanky celebration; delicious food and hors d'oeuvres, an actual ice sculpture, and wine for days! All four of us girls decided that the mussels they served were our absolute favorite. We could have easily eaten hundreds of those things. So delicious! I'm really glad we all went. It was a heck of a party and a great excuse for me to pre-celebrate my 23rd birthday. :)





Also recently, I had the chance to meet the Husky mascot, Dubs, at work! Admissions had a 'Bring your dog to work' day, and Dubs stopped by Schmitz Hall to say hello. He is such a cutie! He's very well behaved and *loves* to get his picture taken.



Last week was excellent and I'm very much looking forward to my birthday and Thanksgiving this next week! I'm always down for having a few days off of work and getting to spend time with my family. Oh, that, and Kris is flying to Seattle to hang out for another week!

I was at home in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago for a pleasant "working vacation". I visited high schools around the area (including my old high school, Skyview!) and was also able to go to Walla Walla with my family for the weekend to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday!




P.S.- Today marks my 5-month-iversary working for the UW! :)

Comments