"I've got a fever, and the only cure... is more cow bell!"

Actually, I have travel fever, to be specific. Hooooly crap, do I want to leave the country ASAP. This Tuesday was my three-month-iversary at the UW. Nine more months to go...

Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic job and the people are awesome and I'm even going to be flying off to Arizona for a week to recruit new Huskies, but a work trip to Arizona doesn't quite have the same appeal as going to Germany for Oktoberfest, FINALLY going to Italy and returning to Spain, and then spending the better part of the year hanging out in France. I must keep reminding myself that I'll get there soon! It's not as far away as I think. I'm just jealous because the majority of my good or decent friends from my graduating class at the UW have left for internships, jobs, or youthful play abroad. I'm pouting because I want to go, too!!

I'll get there...

That said, I can't believe it's pretty much October. What a wild year. A trip to Arizona is coming up, I'll have a week-long recruiting venture down to the Vancouver area in November, and Kris is flying down to visit me for a week in the middle of October. Those are the most exciting portions of my current life excitement. I'm really glad Kris is coming to visit. I miss him.

I went to former Roomie J's wedding reception last weekend. Oh man, it was such fun! All four of the old house crew had a blast dancing and laughing at silly stuff and catching up before she headed out to New York with her hubby. Those two are really adorable together, it made me happy to see her so happy. I'll have to add some pictures to my next post.

I'm happy, too; I'm doing what I want and need to do, I've saving money for France hand over fist, and I'm lucky to have such a good job. My head just strays into daydream mode from time to time... :-)

Roomie K, new Roomie A, and I are hosting an international potluck tonight at our new place. An aptly-themed pendaison de crémaillère if I've ever heard of one! Photos of that to come, too, I'm sure. :-)

Comments