Une expérience chinoise

I survived China! Why haven't I written in about three weeks? The Blogger website is blocked in the PRC (People's Repub. of China)! Limited free speech, anyone?

Anyway, my Dad and I made it back to the States today (Mom's coming back on Sunday), and boy, are we happy to be in the U.S. of A! I don't want to eat any more Chinese food until I'm at least 35 years old. I am SO tired of soy sauce and fried rice and greasy, breaded meats. First thing I ate when I got home today? An entire can of black beans, and then a heaping bowl of salad for dinner. Amazing!! The next few weeks will be MSG detox for me, ha.

Well gosh, what a trip! The 1,500+ pictures that my mom, dad, and I took over the course of our 15-day excursion to mainland Asia are on a different computer, so those will have to come later, as will in-depth explainations of the three places we visited (Beijing; Lhasa, Tibet; Shanghai), but for now I'll say that it was a heck of an experience. I saw some very beautiful and some not-so-beautiful things, met many wonderful people, both native and foreign, witnessed the habits of the people, both productive and destructive, and tried a few crazy new foods foods (Yak meat, Yak butter tea, and something called a "Squid Ball"). All in all, I'm very glad we took the trip and am looking forward to visiting other parts of Southeast Asia in the future.

My internal clock is completely out of whack because I still think it's tomorrow afternoon, but it's yesterday and night time. Whoa. More updates will follow after lots of sleep and a train trip back to lovely Seattle on Sunday. I can't wait to get back to the roomies and the house and the U-District!!

Comments