T-7 Days Until China!!!

YAY! Next Wednesday, I will be flying off into the great Red beyond! I'm a bit too overwhelmed by everything else right now to be as excited as I should be, but I'm excited nonetheless, and I'm sure the fact of it will hit me hard by the time this next weekend's over.

It was great to have several days off of work this past weekend and to be at home and spend time with my family and some friends. I got to spend a bit of time with my sister, which is always great. We're both so busy, though, I don't get to see her enough! My parents are so cute, too. My Mom and I cooked together quite a bit, which I always love, and my Dad sneaked out of work to surprise me by seeing me off at the train station on Monday! It was sweet. I can't wait to travel with them again! Ours is a family of great travelers.

This cannot be reiterated enough, but I LOVE the house!!! All four of us girls have been making giant strides towards turning the place into a cozy, girlie, totally set up home. Our housewarming party is tomorrow night and we're stoked! There is so much wine and cheese and chocolate in our house right now, haha.

I accomplished a couple of wonderful things yesterday; I signed up for a Yoga class for the fall (luckily, I'll only miss two sessions while I'm gone), and I finally had a rack and fenders put onto my bike! Great success! I also found a super-sweet saddle bag thingy for the rack so that I can make easier trips to the grocery store and farmers markets and such, but I'll have to save my pennies for a little while before I can afford it. Bike accessories are expensive! On the other hand, not having a car in Seattle is SO worth it. :)

Comments