A Culinary Weekend

I have cooked SO MUCH this weekend, it's been awesome!! Last night, I spent literally two and a half hours in the kitchen. Cooking is so zen, I really needed that.

I made a delicious risotto with farmers market-fresh carrots and snow peas. That was the first time I've made risotto, and I'm now totally hooked. It takes a while, but it's really easy to do and super tasty. For dessert, I cooked up a rich and quite yummy chocolate souffle! That was my first time cooking souffle, too. All in all, a very successful night in the kitchen! The best part? Both were recipes from my French cookbook! Great success!

Tonight, I went over to my friend Andrew's and we threw together a vegetable and beef stew. It was the same recipe I perfected whilst in Nantes. We also made a bruchetta with tatziki sauce and smoked salmon, which turned out pretty well. It was nice to make a good meal and have great people with which to share it.

Anyway, it's been a good weekend. Another week of work and then I'm off to Vancouver for the 4th of July!

Comments