A Weekend on the Coast and Other Updates

Looking for apartments is dumb. I'm at work perusing Craig's List for availabilities and everything is either super expensive or super far away from the UW. Hopefully, I can find something that will work! I have GOT to get out of the dorms!

Also, this is day three of my month of being a vegetarian. I decided that I need to get my butt in gear and start getting my eating and working out habits back up to snuff, so Kris and I are being vegetarians for the month. Next month is cutting out refined sugars, we'll see what we decide after that. It's kind of interesting. However, I think I already failed because I had an egg yesterday, but I don't really consider that 'meat'. I don't think real vegetarians eat potential chicken babies, though, haha.

In other news, Kris and I spent the weekend on the Washington coast at La Push with his housemates Andy and Merrill and 8 of their friends. It was such a blast!! Everyone was so nice and fun to get to know and the weather was just gorgeous. Saturday was super clear and decently warm, and although it rained all Sunday morning, the afternoon cleared up and was crisp and bright. We went on a couple of great hikes, got to enjoy a beautiful sunset on the beach, and spent all night Friday and Saturday hanging out around a bonfire on the beach. It was just the kind of relaxing weekend I needed.

I was really worried about tagging along because I have long final essays to write for all three of my classes, but I'm so glad I wound up going. I started and have been working on the papers this week and I'm making good progress and am not really stressed at all! Things worked out just perfectly. I can't believe Winter Quarter is already over. I'm ready for Spring! It would be especially awesome if I don't have to take a class this summer, because then I'll have two quarters off, a trip to Thailand, and then only two more quarters until I graduate. It's looking to be an amazing senior year. :)




Comments