La France me manques

I know it's been a while since I last updated, so here's what's been going on:

I made it back to the 'Couve safe and sound, had a great Christmas with my family, spend the New Year with Kris and his mom and brother up in Bellingham, and rolled back into Seattle on Sunday the 3rd. Classes and work started up again on Monday and things have been moving along at full-speed ahead!

I'm taking French Culture to the Revolution, The Modern Novel, and Literature of the Americas this quarter. Great classes, but it was stupid scheduling on my part because all three are ridiculously reading-intensive. Yikes. I'm in for a busy quarter. I guess I'd have to get it done eventually, it's too bad I decided to do it all at the same time!

It's been wonderful to be back in Seattle and up here at the UW. I sure missed it here. I keep bumping into friends and co-workers, and everyone is really excited to see me and glad I'm back and can't wait to hear stories and see pictures over coffee. The only bad thing is, I MISS FRANCE!!! My French class is taught entirely in English (weak) and no one I know well speaks French (boo), so it's hard to find practice. I have a couple of things brewing on that front, though.

Right now, I'm at work doing some reading for French, and the article is addressing a bunch of places I visited, passed through, or wanted to visit this past fall; Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Nantes, Paris, Marseilles, Le Havre, Lyon. In addition, I'm working in the International Student Services Office this quarter, and on my first day I met two exchange students from France, and I'm constantly overhearing people in the International Programs and Exchanges section of the office discussing study abroad trips to France with students.

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I want to go back already! I know I'll go back eventually, I've already promised myself that I will, but I would love to have been able to stay there and live there until I got totally tired of it (if that's even possible). It was time to come home and I am happy to be back, but France and Nantes were so wonderful and just as perfect as I imagined and I'm just longing for the experience to continue. I do, however, have thousands of pictures and many, many thousands of memories to cheer me up until I go back. But I still miss it. :)

Comments