BolderBOULDER 2015

On Memorial Day, two classmates and I woke up dark and early and hopped on a bus to Boulder to run the 2015 BolderBOULDER 10k! I have been so excited about this run ever since Sarah planted the idea in my head a couple of months ago. I've never been much of a runner, and I hadn't previously considered running a 10k (6.2 miles), but running a half marathon has been on my bucket list for a few years now, and since I've really started running this spring, I figured I might as well take the first leap! 10k is officially the farthest I've ever run before, and I'm so proud of myself for running the whole race without stopping to walk. I also managed to make it across the finish line with an even 10-minute mile average time, which is just the goal I was hoping to reach. My fastest mile was at a 9:10 pace, and I placed in the top 30% for my age and in the top 22% for all females in the race. Not bad!! I may not be the fastest, but I get it done and I have a great time doing it!
At the starting line
It was so much fun to run through Boulder, see people dressed up in costumes running the race, seeing all of the families and wild characters watching the race on the sidelines throughout the neighborhoods, and then to finish by running into the University of Colorado's huge football stadium. It was a gorgeous day, with perfect weather for a run, and Sarah was a great pace buddy throughout the course. I'm so proud of all three of us ladies for kicking butt and taking advantage of this awesome Colorado tradition to celebrate the end of our grad school careers. 
The first mile was the easiest!
George Washington and Paul Revere were on the run ;)
"Forever Jerry" - SO very Boulder! :)
10k at 5,300 ft elevation - "Sea level is for sissies"!!
We made it! 
My pace buddy!
10k complete
Welcome to CU's Folsom Stadium
The crowd and stadium, after our run.
Way to go, ladies!! We rocked it. Here's to more 5k Wednesday Pub Runs, more 10ks, and a half marathon before the summer is over!

Comments