This is how we do grad school

Ahh! After a looooong break from the blog, I'm back at it. Winter Quarter wrapped up last week in a whirlwind of chaos, stress, 65+ pages of essays, several hundred pages of reading, numerous late nights, early mornings, procrastination via dinner cooking and "House of Cards" watching, fun dates with a wonderful gentleman, lots of laughter, and finally a huge sigh of relief when the last final essay was submitted. 

I made it through another quarter. Ten weeks of nothing, nothing, then go go go. Now, there remains but one quarter. Eleven more weeks and then I graduate, walk across a stage wearing a silly cap and gown, return to the real world, and make my way as the professional Ms. Tyler, B.A., M.A., in a job that has yet to be determined (but things are looking up - fingers crossed!).

Here are a few assorted snaps from various times throughout the second half of the quarter. Spring Break is happening now (and finishing up, unfortunately), so another post of pictures of my week at home in the beautiful Pacific Northwest will soon follow!
My kitchen table, all festive for Valentine's Day.
Thursday night wine and cheese happy hour at Beans Café on the DU campus
 (and the home of the weekly Korbel French Table, which I happily host).
One of my apartment's zen corners, lit up on a snowy Denver day in late winter.
When you date me, you automatically assure yourself a full and happy belly, as I love to cook.
This is but a morceau of the pear-almond tart I made for a recent dinner date, enjoyed the
next day with a latte in the best mug ever. :)

This is how I got through Hell Week this quarter. Two bottles remain to start the Spring Quarter off right! :)
My end-of-the-quarter treat to myself: a new pair of Birkenstocks!
I had to trash a twin pair when I left Switzerland, as they had hit dirt in over a dozen countries and were very worn down from two tours of Europe; it was time. Glad to have a brand-new pair for spring and summer!
Another end-of-quarter treat! I hope my kitchen and my gentleman friend are ready for
a season or two of delicious, new French recipes!
Studying with a friend on a sunny day, beer in hand. Perfection.
My lunch one day during finals week, because finals demands such delicate reminders of sanity.
One of the rooms in the Denver Public Library.
City, O' City: vegan-friendly, downtown hipster cult favorite, food + coffee + people watching.
See you soon, Spring Quarter! You and I have eleven weeks to tango and then I'll be done done done (!!). Here's to sunny, warm weather and more Denver adventures to come!

Comments