Switzerland Send-off

Well, with less than 48 hours left in the USA and six straight months of living in Europe staring me in the face, I suppose it's time that I bid 'Murica a formal farewell! The past couple of weeks have been quite a flurry: packing up my place in Denver, moving things into storage, finishing finals, packing up what I'll need for Switz, and flying back to Vancouver. Everything has worked out, though, and I've been enjoying a lovely two weeks back home with family and Kris.

I have my Swiss visa, and I'm all set to start my internship on 23 June (I haven't mentioned it on here before, but I'll be at the UN Economic Commission for Europe's Environment Division - SO STOKED!). I'll make my way to Geneva by way of a weekend in Toronto (visiting Natalie!), a quick few days in Paris, and an overnight trip to Stonehenge to hang out with 20,000 Pagans and Druids for the summer solstice- YAY!! It's going to be a crazy couple of weeks, but I am absolutely thrilled to be heading off for another grand adventure! A big thanks goes out to Kris for being the most patient boyfriend ever, my family for being so amazingly supportive, and to my friends near and far for their enthusiasm and moral support! I will definitely be keeping everyone updated with photos and stories via the blog (and Instagram). Stay tuned ;) 

In the meantime, some photos from the past few weeks: 
A double rainbow, seen from the Pioneer on one of my last days in Denver.
On the train up to Seattle, riding along Puget Sound, reading for leisure (!!)
The view from the patio at Agua Verde at lunch with Kris.
Kris and I went for a great walk around Greenlake as a break from his studying for finals. The weather in the PNW has been perfect the whole time I've been home!! 
We also took Kris' roommate's Great Dane, Murphy, for a walk up to the dog park at Jose Risal Park, which has a great view of downtown Seattle along the way.
Walking with my boys :)
Murph-dog!!
 A few shots of Seattle, my favorite city in the States. Summer in Seattle is the absolute best!!
Earlier this week, the family got together for some family pictures (I played photographer).  Lydia and Eric are getting ready to celebrate their 10-year anniversary, my folks are working on 38 years, and I'm headed into my second year of grad school. Lots to celebrate and document!
Alright, everyone; wish me luck! I'll catch you on the flip-side with updates from my week of crazy adventures and travel. :)

Comments