February, in Pictures

It seems like just yesterday that fall quarter was ending and I was in a flurry of final paper writing. Well, here we are again, folks! Winter quarter is finally coming to its conclusion, and I have about 45 pages to write before March 15... Needless to say, I'm very busy. I haven't been very good at updating this poor, neglected blog this quarter, but I have been pretty good about taking pictures with my trusty iPod! Here are some of the photo-worthy events from the shortest month on the calendar:
Happy hour with friends at the Black Pearl: drinks, oysters, and delicious calamari on S Pearl Street.
Voodoo Donuts! I have never been to the original location in Portland, but they just opened one here in Denver and a couple of friends and I decided to brave the lines and try the doughy phenomenon.

Valentine's day was spent skiing with friends at Loveland Basin! It was an absolute blast. 
The cute little "coffee corner" in my apartment saves the day, every day!
For about two weeks after Valentine's day, this was my nightly study break. :)
I went on a quick trip to Seattle last weekend to visit Kris. Neither of us got a dang thing done for school all weekend, but we both needed the break, and we had a lovely time together. A smattering of photos:
A tasty latte from the Wallingford Zoka, where I caught up
with my good friend Nathan.
Kris and I grabbed lattes from Café Weekend before hitting up
the Seattle Bouldering Project for a fun Saturday morning workout.
Delicious happy hour downtown at Boka. Living in Denver, I constantly miss seafood,
so I went for the fish tacos.
We had a glass of wine at Café Compagne, a French bar/restaurant downtown,
where I spotted this great idea for a future craft project. 
Pike Place tulips
Cocktails at the ZigZag Café in Pike Place Market
Beers at the Pine Box on Capitol Hill
The Six Arms Pub
Wish me luck as I struggle through these last two weeks of class for the quarter... At least I have a visit to Vancouver to look forward to over Spring Break, and then Kris will come down to Denver for a 10-day vacation during his Spring Break. Let the Spring Fever commence!

Comments