Sun / Rain

I had a lovely weekend with Kris and my roommates! Kris made it back to Seattle from his work trip late on Thursday, and on Friday evening, we drove up to Bellingham to spend a day with his brother and his girlfriend. After a chill evening catching up and then sleeping in on Saturday morning, we cooked a tasty breakfast of pancakes and waffles, neither of which I've had in a long time. There's nothing like fresh waffles smothered in peanut butter and jam with some pure maple syrup on top!

A funny gas station sign on our way to Mt. Baker.
Then, the four of us spent the afternoon near Mount Baker hiking around with his brother and girlfriend's two dogs. The three of them brought their snowboards, so they flew down the snowy hills on the way back to the car, and I let the dogs be my sled dogs as we ran and slid down the snow! It was lots of fun, and the weather was just gorgeous. It definitely made Kris and I excited about hiking and camping this summer! We're already looking for places to go next weekend, since we're going to make it a 4-day weekend. :-)

After we made it down the snowy hills, we stopped by a short roadside hike into a grove of old-growth trees. They were huge and beautiful! Then, we headed back to our Bellingham home base and had a Bar-B-Q of turkey burgers and corn on their porch. Deee-licious!


We drove back to Seattle on Saturday night, and yesterday, we hit up the University District's 43rd Annual Street Fair! We were hoping for more sun, but the weather was actually pretty rainy and miserable. We went with former Roomie S and her boyfriend, and we all got drenched!! We still had fun walking around, people watching, and grabbing some lunch, though.

After the fair, Kris stayed on campus to study and work on homework, and I went to Woodinville, WA with Roomie S, her boyfriend, and Roomie K. We hit up the Woodinville Whiskey Company's tasting room and distillery, as well as the Columbia Winery and Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery tasting rooms. It was all so delicious, and free! I love wine tasting, and it's awesome to have so many different tasting options within such close range of Seattle. I was a good girl and only bought one bottle of wine, but there were many wines that I would love to snag the next time I'm out there.

We finished off the day with dinner at the Red Hook Brewery & Pub and quietly celebrated the solar eclipse, even though we couldn't see it through all the grey clouds.

This week should be a good one, seeing as I'm taking Friday off, and my parents, sister, and brother-in-law are coming to visit this weekend! We're going to see the King Tut exhibit at the Pacific Science Center. My folks saw the exhibit way back in the 70s, so they are quite excited to share it with the next generation!

Comments