A little piece of summer

A few highlights from my recent adventures! I went to a wedding with Kris in the middle of the month that was just beautiful. Right next to Mt. Si in North Bend and the weather couldn't have been more awesome; a thunderstorm passed right over the mountain, but we didn't get rained on! It was a wonderful weekend for Kris and I. We're making really good progress and are consistently feeling better and better.

Roomie Kate's 21st birthday was not too long ago, and the other roomies and I had a blast introducing her to bar life in Ballard with a big group of her friends! I think she'd agree that she had an awesome birthday. :)

I just got back from a fantastic week-long business trip down to San Diego for training/continuing education stuff for work. Holy crap, it was wonderful to see the sun and have it be hot enough to actually feel it burning my skin! Summer in Seattle this year is pretty crappy (although it's been beautiful the past couple of days), so it was refreshing to get some sunny beach time and meet a slew of incredible new people in my profession. I'm really glad my co-worker and I were able to go, we both felt like we grew a lot and gained needed perspective. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work on Monday!

Oh, I also officially have a place to live starting August 28th! Kate, one of her friends from UW, and I will be moving from the area NW of campus to an area pretty far NE of campus. We're stoked, though. Easy access to bus routes and the Burke-Gilman Trail for commuting and right next to a beautiful park and Lake Washington! It should be a great spot.

Anyhoo, here are some pictures:




Comments